Wednesday, July 25, 2012

charity:water first time volunteer

I feel great. Today was a really nice day. Besides the fact that I couldn't go to Bronx zoo as it was to crowded I had a sunny day. I had some short pool time at the Brooklyn Bridge park from where you can admire NYC and than rushed to charity:water offices. It is not that big but still gourgeous and nicely desiged. They have the yellow water gallons you see on their website all over the place abd lots of beautiful pictures from their projects. There was a really nice background music and we all sat in a conference room around a table writing thank you postcards to supporters. I think it's really great that they send hand made cards insted of computer written ones. Stephanie the coordinator was very nice and showed me around. I wrote 23 thank you postcards! I am so proud right now. I even got my volunteer welcome pack and a charity:water wristband.I always wanted to come here and I made it. I am really happy and excited! September campaign is coming so there will be various other volunteer activities coming up! Now I'm gonna just try to make some pancakes with my friend from Romania. Life is beautiful!

Kisses everyone

No comments:

Post a Comment