Tuesday, July 3, 2012

The brighter side of New York

My last days were busy. I was working and had no time to take care about some very important things. Were I live now it's ok but totaly unsafe. A friend cam home yesterday at 11 and she told us she prayed her way home. I feel happy I have the Brooklyn experience but body combat 51 ain't enough so I choose to move out by friday. Thing is I've lost my room in Astoria but I'll got one in Queens, it's a bit far but after what I saw and heard I don't care. This morning I went to Astoria and it is a lovely neighborhood with houses shops ans nice people. As I don't have a phone and I didn't know were I meet Raluca, my landlord who happens to come from my home city, I've asked a stranger were I could find a payphone.Guess what? He handed me his phone just like that. i meet up woth Raluca and by friday I'm in Queens. I'm happy. My roomate ahould arrive tomorrow so we are set!

Other things I've managed to do were to open a bank account whih is great. Bank of America is the best!I got one student account which Us splited in checkings and savings. You don't get that in Europe :(

I also got my phone today. It's pretty intresting to fibd out that here you get to pay air time so if you're called or if you call a toll free number you're minutes will be taken, but they do have a 50$ prepaid card with unlimited talking, texting anf internet. My phone has A sidebare, awesoome!

I'm exhausted! I looked for a 2 nd job but couldn't find anything..I've applied at hard rock caffee, let's hope they call xD

2 comments:

  1. nu poti sa-ti gasesti ceva tot pe insula? ar fi mai simplu...sau pe ellis la muzeu:) sau pe ferry:)) te-am pupat, baga mare, iti tin pumnii!

    ReplyDelete
  2. sincer m-am gandit:)) am dormit acolo pe iarba da nu prea e combinatie. las ca mrg in astoria o sa fie deliiiiiir :*

    ReplyDelete