Monday, September 10, 2012

When I get sad I start being happy instead

This morning I had a rough starting of my day. I was kinda sad of some stupid things that just made me realized how stupid and childish I could be sometimes. I woke up pretty early for my free day and made my way to the B&H and bestbuy. September is my birthday so this year I am kinda selfish. I didn't give 100% of my bday away cause I .. (it's not a real reason). Next year though I will!!! So I got one of my gifts, got my mom something she asked for and than made my way to Soho to look for a backpack. Hadn't found a good one at a low price so I'll keep looking. What was nice though was the guys singing in the Subway. They made me smile. I love this about New York. Sometimes people just start singing or dancing or performing in the subway to earn some extra money. One day some guy just started talking about the presidential votes and who not to pick and how 50% of the people who finish college work at Burger King. It's sad..Anyways my co-worker Loredana said one right thing: the "if you can make it in NY you can make it everywhere" is wrong cause "if you can make it in Botosani you might make it everywere". Yes she got her point.

Anyways..I got another I am so lonely moment. Got to hang out with people that are way to young for my age so I went a bit down. Thank good though I have this amazing nice place I go and volunteer for and meet so many inspiring people. It's of cource charity:water organisation. So we had this huge volunteer night. We all got pizza and hang out doing lots of stuff spreading the world about the September Campaign. If you still don't know what that is. Shame on you - www.charitywater.org/september. So we wrote thank you notes for all the September campaigners, we called some campaigners to wish them a happy bday (sadly I just got to their voice mail), we e-mailed and we liked the chase community giveaway for charity:water. How? Simple. Just go on your facebook search Chase Community Giveaway than search charitywater and vote for it.(https://www.facebook.com/ChaseCommunityGiving/app_162065369655?cv=2&app_data=ein|22-3936753|fb_aggregation_id|288381481237582|fb_action_ids|282929418478725)
It will change life's in Rwanda!! This is quite important in my opinion!

I meet some lovely people at charity:water. Even though they thank me every time I go I actually have to thank them. It's such a great atmosphere there and the people I meet amazing. Stephanie,Grace, Uma, Alice and everyone else. So lovely so passionate so amazing!  Alice actually even gave me a book she wrote. Can't wait to read it.







Below is the video from the party for the 7th anniversary! I volunteered and helped at the door. We raised 20.000$. Things will get better. Rwanda will get safe, drinking water. Be part of it! Share, like, donate, volunteer, whatever you like!

PS please like this : => https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10151190459602025&set=o.261704547435&type=1&theater
my picture :)



1 comment: