Wednesday, September 5, 2012

9/11, Company Dinner and American Museum of History

Last week was great. I managed to cross two places I wanted to visit from my list.

On my day off me and my roomate made reservations to 9/11 memorial. Let me tell you it's a wonderful memorial. I remember reading incredibly close extremly far book going trough the story of a young boy who lost his dad on 9/11at the WTC. It was a horrible event. 3000 people from over 90 nations died. It terrifies me. The memorial is quiet and calm. After a competition the design of the memorial was chosen. Where the twin towers where standing there are two massive waterfall fountans in the shape of the buildings. You hear the water going down in a whole. I think it greatly expresses the sadness of the past event.
After seeing this we walked accross wall street and made our way the thw Goveners Island where we enjoyed a free design exhibition. Loved it! It just reminded me of my trip with Anda to Boston and of the fact that soon I have to go to the Museum of Modern Art!!!!

Work is much easier now. The number of customer decresed and our programm is shorter. A lot of students lef and others (americans) start school aswell. Our management organised and annual company dinner to thank us for our work. I also thank them for a great summer. It was a poor summer but filled with smiles and respect. They are all great people and so happy I got the chance to meet them. Dasha I think made a great movie which I have to share with you! It was really nice, ended though at 11pm :(

I'm tired to write more. All there was more is a great tour of the American Museum of National History, a walk on 6th ave., a lot of time at B&H shop, trying on my bdaygiff hopefuly a Fossil watch and a hug with Snoop Dog.

Love and peace!

2 comments:

  1. that was sweet of you to mention.. ;) happy for all that's happening to you now :*

    ReplyDelete