Thursday, September 20, 2012

One beautiful day at Chapala Lake

So as you know I am in Mexico. I came to visit a very good friend of mine who I meet in Germany during my Erasmus Scholarship. Since 2009 we continued to Skype and keep a friendship. He is one of the nicest guy I know. We made a promise to meet again and I also said I'll come visit him. In 2009 though when I came to the states I wanted to visit California and USA so the trip was delayed. Right now I'm here. He lives in a hugeeeeeeee gorgeous vintage house with his girlfriend, Consuela, who is an angel. She picked me up from the airport she showed me the house. All in all she is really lovely.

Today I woke up had finally a hot shower, as in NY our boiler was broken and I was using cold water to wash myself. Had a mexican style breakfast with tortillas and then we all had some drinks and left to visit Chapala Lake. We made the plan for the whole week so we're all set in the German style.

Mexico is similar to Romania. I don't wanna say something bad but things are just as they are and I will describe it from my point of view. The streets are also bad, the landscape is beautiful, there are "homeless dogs" on the streets and people here try to make a living from selling everything. Some sell flowers and candy and the traffic lights some try to sing something nice to earn some money. A guy even opened our car doors in order to get a little tip.

So we headed to Chapala. We we're starving so made our way to a restaurant there. Jose ordered my food and it was really good. The only thing it was hot! I need to get accommodated to the spiciness of food in here. But the naranja juice was so delicious.And let me tell you the view is so marvelous.  I still can believe I'm in Mexico. Weather is so nice and hot. Nothing as September is like. I wear shorts and t-shirt which makes me smile. I'm being silly but I just escaped from a stormy rainy New York. I don't know how to organize my thoughts. Cause I am tired and usually not good at this. So I will jump to the point we're I am feeling as a tourist. In New York I am a citizen here it's all about vacation. It's relaxing and I even bought the first souvenir for my parents.

This month Mexico celebrates it's independence and there are flags everywhere.

I am happy to be here and have such a great company.

I am very tired now so I will let picture speak the in the name of the beauty of Chapala Lake.


Almost forgot the ice-cream here. Delicious! They are crazy they have cheese flavored ice-cream which I didn't like but the vanilla, cookies and nuts it's different and very tasty.


































No comments:

Post a Comment