Thursday, June 28, 2012

Day 2 at work

As you probably know the first 2 weeks in Usa are the hardest. Yesterday morning I was a bit down because I am still adapting to the new time zone. I was like what am I doin here?:)))) than I took the ferry to work sleeping all the way there.We got some crazy uniforms not that fashionable and I got the answer to were I would work. I'm on Liberty Island, the island with th statue! I work in food service and luckyly outside as a cashier. I hope it stays that was as so I have the most beautiful view ever! i'm just at a hot dog stand on the left of the statue and I can wear shorts:D

(@Iulia: remember the time when we visited we had some burgers at a kios? Now It's kind of where I work.)

It's so far really good! The HR team here cares about us and we get to go out for dinner with the founder of the company!Isn't it great?!

I'm just getting to like New york. Last evening I had a short walk to central park. I am a bit amazed cause the buildings are so high the sun can reach u and it's not thatt hot.

I'm out.See you soon!

1 comment:

  1. Dear Stefi, it's really nice to hear that you are again in New York. May I suggest that you write more about the differences between working in NY and working in Ocean City? For those of us who may want to come back and for the pleasure of reading about you. Did you get there with American Experience? Where are you living? Do you have to pay for the ferry every day? Can you get a second job? Do you get to visit the Crown of the Statue of Liberty? Sorry for these so many questions, just curious. And, as an ending: Keep on keeping on! :)

    ReplyDelete