Wednesday, August 28, 2013

The story behind Stefi for India

It started with a simple video I watched on youtube. It was a clip from the Ellen Show. Jaden Smith, Will Smith's son, stopped by on Ellen's birthday to deliver a special gift from his family -- a donation in Ellen's honor to charity: water. The organization will build a well that will provide water to a village for 20 years. And I got so curious and wanted to find out everything about it. I started reading more and more about it online till I decided I wanna become part of this. It did take a while till I really took the decision to make what needs to be done to get closer to this charity. So I released I had to move to New York to actually be able to become a volunteer. Even though it might sound absurd or whatever you think out of a sudden I decided to leave for New York. I have signed up for the work and travel student program and I was trying to figure out where I actually want to go. I was thinking about working at the beach somewhere as a waitress when Alex, the guy at AE (American Experience) called me and told me that there were positions available at the Statue of Liberty in New York city. Then it all started. I got my visa, flew to NYC and applied for the volunteer program. It was very easy and the next Wednesday I was in charity:water's offices. Stephanie Goetz introduced me to everything. That is how it all started but the nice thing is the relationship didn't end. I moved back to Romania and I still got the chance to be part of it. charity:water did send me a jerry can all the way from the States so I could promote World Water Day from my home country.

I tried to sum it all up nice and short. Have a lovely night friends,
Stefi

No comments:

Post a Comment